Flooring forms an integral part of a home décor and expresses your style and personality. Flooring covers a large area of your home. Hence the right choice of flooring should be made in order to create a lasting impact on the appearance. Yes, proper selection of flooring is essential in order to ensure a refined and eye-catching appeal. Laminate flooring is becoming increasingly popular these days and has indeed taken the world of floor covering by storm. This relatively new technology which incorporates innovative designs, styles and colors is one of the most popular choices of home owners in Singapore.
What is laminate flooring?
Laminate flooring is one of the most environmentally friendly and durable floors that a person can opt for. Laminate floors are not wood, though they appear to be. These floors are entirely manufactured. It is comprised of a hybrid of materials fused together through a unique process of lamination. They are simple and easy to install as they are available as planks. All you have to do is simply slot together over a foam layer on the floor and then fix them down. This affordable laminate flooring can set the stage for a room of your dreams. From exotic to the traditional, exquisitely detailed to the sleek and smooth laminate flooring assures authentic beauty that transforms your room into a haven.
Is laminate flooring suitable for your home in Singapore?
If you are on the lookout for renovating your home then you may consider changing your flooring into laminate. This bogus wood like flooring gives the impact and feel of natural wood though it is not created of timber. More and more home owners in Singapore are opting for laminate flooring mainly because of the impact, look and the incredible benefits it assures.
1. Laminate flooring is best suited for homes in Singapore as is highly durable, easy to install and maintain, aesthetically appealing and affordable. It has proved to be an innovative and cost-effective alternative to hard wood flooring.
2. They are available in a wide array of colors and grains. They can simulate a multitude of natural wood materials. They can also mimic the appearance of natural stone and ceramic flooring materials.
3. They are a perfect choice as they are relatively scratch resistant and dent-proof when compared to hardwoods. Hence it is best suited for active households.
4. Laminate flooring assures cleaner and healthier homes when compared to carpets. Carpets trap dust which gets accumulated over time if it is not cleaned and vacuumed regularly.
5. They are easy to install and maintain and lasts a lifetime.
6. Laminate flooring is one of the cheapest forms of flooring which assures quality and performance.
7. Laminate flooring can be installed on any existing flooring other than the carpet flooring.
8. The wear layer protects from stains and dirt. It is also highly fade resistant even when exposed to the harmful UV rays of the sun.
9. They are a healthy option as they are naturally resistant to mold and mildew growth.
10. They are moisture resistant and hence can be installed below grade.
11. As the wear layer protects the material from stains and spills they are relatively easier to maintain.
12. It does not require any glue and hence it can be used immediately upon completion.
With its incredible benefits more and more people are opting for this type of flooring in Singapore. If you are budget conscious and looking for a cost-effective way to renovate your home flooring, laminate flooring is a simple and inexpensive choice. However make sure to hire the services of a reputed flooring company in Singapore who assure superior quality workmanship and excellent service.