Your Singapore office floor is just as good as the carpet tiles on it. This is because carpet tiles for office are not only pleasing to the eye, but also create a peaceful ambient. They play a significant role in creating a better overall look of your office. It is for this reason that professional interior designers pay close attention to office flooring in their overall décor planning. Different offices make decisions to use carpet squares, carpet rolls, or wall carpeting for their flooring. However, all these have their pros and cons and some of which include fading and wearing over time especially when the office experience heavy traffic from visitors frequenting the premises.
Here are the pros and cons for installing carpet tiles for office.
To begin with, here are the pros.
1. Most of other carpeting such as carpet squares, carpet rolls, and wall-to-wall carpeting normally fade or wear out over time as more and more people keep coming to your office. On the other hand, carpet tiles will outlast all of them. They are long lasting and require low maintenance costs such as few replacements (when broken) from time to time.
2. Carpet tiles are beautiful and good for any office flooring as they help in creating a good impression and enhance the ambience in the office. They differ in quality and can suit the budget of any company. The wide range of carpet tiles for office is available from local to signature brands depending on what suits consumer needs. Prices also vary depending on the quality of material and state-of-the-art machines used in production. However, even local brands can provide quality elegance and style, boosting the overall appearance of the office.
3. Wide range of designs and styles to choose from. Commercial carpet tiles come in hundreds of designs, patterns, colors, and style. Depending on your office, you can choose a style or design that perfectly suits your office or nature of your business to improve on the overall feel of the whole place.
4. Carpet tiles provide a comfortable workspace or environment. They not only help in improving the overall appearance of the workspace, but also increase performance and productivity. Workers are known to perform their best when the work environment is conducive to focus and deliver superior results.
5. They are easy to maintain. Unlike carpets that require thorough vacuuming to look clean, carpet tiles are very easy to clean. They are also light to install compared with carpets, which are heavy to carry around while doing installation. They are also designed to allow self-installation, often with self-glue strips to stick the tiles and cover the floor properly. Normally, the entire floor installation can be completed in a matter of hours without incurring heavy installation costs.
6. Once installed, you need not worry about coffee stains, inkblots, or any other type of stain that can easily damage clay, ceramic, or wall-to-wall carpets. The stains are easy to remove. However, if a tile is permanently stained (which rarely happens), you simply remove and replace.
7. Carpet tiles prevent injuries. Some places such as staircases are slippery and can cause serious injuries. You can install carpet tiles in such places to make your office a safe place. They offer very good resistance against slips, trips, and falls. The safety of your employees should be your top priority.
1. Carpet tiles for office can sometimes be very expensive if made of the best quality and state-of-the-art machinery.
2. They are purchased in square meters and some tiles may succumb to breakages, rendering them useless. Therefore, even if you are very keen while handling them, some of them are highly likely to break. Regardless, they should be handled with extreme caution, unlike wood or carpets.
3. Carpet tiles do not last long enough especially when compared with wood flooring. Considering their acquisition costs relative to that of wood, their durability is questionable. It is a great disadvantage to those working on a fixed budget.
Having looked at the pros and cons of installing carpet tiles for office flooring, the decision on whether it is a good choice will now depend on you as the consumer. Carefully evaluate your needs and budget, and make an informed decision about what is good for your office floor.